Monday, July 9, 2007

The Cypher Firefly

If you are looking for a light wire gate draw, this is it. These are the Cypher Firefly draws. The biners that make up this draw are one of the markets lightest, weighing in at 28 grams. This lack of weight does not mean a lack in strength because they are still rated at 24kn. The action of the wire gates are firm and clip quite nicely for when your trying to make a hard clip.

One of the less than minor problems that I have had as I have been testing and climbing with them is that every once in a while the wire gate will get hooked up on the groove of the biner. I noticed that it happened when I first started using them; however, once I had logged in some climbing time with them this problem faded away. This quality of quickdraw also comes with pretty heavy price tag at $17.95 a draw. Taking all of this into consideration, these are some of the best draws I have climbed with and I am eager to get my hands on a few more.
If you are interested in this product or would like to review this or another product please contact at haulline@gmail.com

No comments: